Yahoo Data Breach Settlement: Online Filing
- Instructional videos are available to help understand the process
- You can choose from 4 different filing options
- In additional to the videos, written instructions are also available
- The last day to file a claim is July 20th, 2020 (don’t be late!)
- The administrator can assist with questions about your claim
A massive $117.5 million settlement is now accepting claim forms for those affected by the Yahoo data breaches occurring between 2013 and 2016. In order to begin a claim, you must first go to the settlement site. Next, click the File Claim tab to bring up the online filing section. Before filing, you’ll have the opportunity to watch an instruction video (it’s available in 5 different languages). Once you’re ready, follow the instructions to complete your online claim.
More on the Yahoo Data Breach Settlement
- You’re a class member if you had a Yahoo account between 2012 and 2016
- If you want out you must request an exclusion by March 6th, 2020
- March 6th, 2020 is also the deadline to object to the settlement
- File as an account holder, paid user, or a small business
- The settlement provides a variety of different benefits
- Larger than the Enagic TCPA Settlement
By the way, you can also file through the mail. If you’d like to go this route, simply fill out a hard copy claim form and send it to PO Box 1760, Philadelphia, PA, 19105-1760. Please note your mailed claim form must be post-marked no later than the July 20th, 2020 deadline (plenty of time left but try not to stall too long!).
To learn more about what this settlement provides, try checking out section 9 of the FAQs (the FAQs are in the notice you received and at the settlement site). In addition to the FAQs, you can also try getting in touch with the settlement administrator for assistance.
Yahoo Data Breach Settlement Administrator Contact Information
- PO Box 1760, Philadelphia PA 19105-1760
- www.YahooDataBreachSettlement.com (settlement site)
- www.YahooDataBreachSettlement.com/en/Home/ClaimSelection (online claims)