Wish Pricing Settlement
- Claim Forms can be sent by mail or filed online
- Frequently Asked Questions available for review
- Settlement Administrator contact info is provided
It’s no secret that most customers loathe the idea of being taken advantage of. So much so in fact, that sometimes the end result is a class action lawsuit. It appears the Plaintiffs in the class action titled Golden, et al., v. ContextLogic Inc. believe the wool was pulled over their eyes when the Defendant (Wish.com) advertised discounts or sales while showing an “original” or “regular” price and the percent saved when purchasing the discount or sale item. On the surface there doesn’t seem to be anything wrong with such a tactic, however, the Plaintiffs claim that the original prices shown were often inflated higher than the actual original price of the items, thus inducing customers to act on purchasing the “sale” items. The Defendant, however, denies the accuracy of the claims included in the lawsuit and further denies that it violated any law or caused any harm. Those who wish to proceed with the online filing process (the fastest and easiest way to file a claim) can do so by going to the Wish Pricing Settlement page and clicking the File Claim tab.
Roger that. Let’s speed this up so I can go file!
- The court has not decided in favor of either party as both agree to settle without a trial
- The purchases must have been made between June 6th, 2013 and December 12th, 2017
- May 1st, 2018 is the deadline by which all claims must be filed (regardless of the method)
- Those who want out of the settlement must file an exclusion request by March 2nd, 2018
- The Approval Hearing is currently scheduled to be held on March 28th, 2018 at 8 AM CST
Class Members who file valid and timely claims will receive a cash payment anywhere between $3 and $20. In addition to providing Class Members with the cash payments the Defendant has agreed to change its pricing practices as part of the settlement (most Class Members will likely be focused on the cash but the pricing changes are a very important positive step forward). Those with questions about the settlement can trying clicking the Frequently Asked Questions tab at the top right hand side of the Wish Pricing Settlement page. Those who strike out while searching the FAQs may want to take things a step further and call the Settlement Administrator for further assistance.
Settlement Administrator Contact Information
- PO Box 404041, Louisville, KY 40233-4041