- Settlement Class Members can submit their claim online at designated settlement website
- The total amount of the settlement fund is $10 million pending court approval
A settlement agreement has recently been reached in the class action lawsuit Duchene V. Westlake Financial Services, LLC TCPA settlement. The lawsuit alleges that Westlake Financial Services used an automatic telephone dialing system to make calls to cell phones without the consent of the person that was called. The Westlake Settlement Class includes all individuals to whom the company made automatic phone calls to between the dates of January 11th, 2012 and November 7th, 2013.
Some Important Information About the Westlake Settlement for Plaintiffs Wishing to Submit a Claim
- The total settlement fund (pending approval from the court) is a whopping $10,000
- Settlement Class Members wishing to receive their pro-rata cut of the settlement will need to submit claim forms by June 21st, 2016
- The amount of moolah each plaintiff will receive is capped at $150 and depends on the total number of claims made
- Individuals that want no part of the Westlake Settlement can retain their rights to sue by excluding themselves from the lawsuit
- Settlement Class Members that do not wish to submit a claim or exclude themselves can object to the terms of the agreement at the Fairness Hearing to be held on July 12th, 2016
Westlake Settlement Class Members that are still confused about how the whole thing works can get interactive help by calling the Settlement Helpline at 888-206-3037. Those wishing to get help without having to chat on the phone can shoot an email over to firstname.lastname@example.org.