WEN Class Settlement
- The class settlement consists of 2 separate Tiers
- Total amount of settlement totals $25 million
- Administrator contact information is available
When a product allegedly causes people to lose their hair all roads lead to a practically inevitable class action lawsuit. The lawsuit titled Friedman, et al. v. Guthy-Renker et al has recently settled to resolve allegations that WEN Hair Care Products caused hair loss, hair damage, and scalp irritation to certain users. The Defendants (Guthy-Renker, LLC and WEN by Chaz Dean, Inc) deny these allegations but the case appears to have been settled nonetheless. Anyone who purchased or used at least one of a handful of certain WEN products between November 1st, 2007 and September 19th, 20126 may be eligible to submit a claim (claims can be submitted online by going to the Wen Class Settlement page and clicking the File a Claim link).
Some High Level Information Regarding the Wen Class Settlement
- Out of the $25 million settlement $5 million will be used to pay Tier 1 Class-Wide Flat Rate claims (Class Members who file Tier 1 claims will receive a $25 cash payment)
The remaining $20 million of the settlement will go towards payment of Tier 2 Documented Adverse Reaction Claims (Class Members who file eligible Tier 2 claims may receive up to $20,000)
- Class Members who wish to opt out of the settlement can do so by writing to the Settlement Administrator by the February 10th, 2017 exclusion deadline
Those who opt to file claims online a must do so by April 28th, 2017 claim filing deadline (claim forms that are mailed in must be post marked on or before to the deadline date). A complete list of settlement-related WEN products along with a break down of the requirements for different Tiers can be found at the Wen Settlement Page.
Wen Class Settlement Administrator
- P.O. Box 3614 Minneapolis, MN 55403-0614