VAIO Track Pad Litigation Settlement
- Claims can be filed at the settlement website
- Important deadlines apply to the settlement
- Claims Administrator contact info available
When a group of consumers believe they have been knowingly sold a product that doesn’t function correctly a class action lawsuit may become inevitable. The Sony VAIO Notebook Computer Trackpad Litigation has recently come to settlement terms resolving allegations that the Defendant (Sony) sold certain series of VAIO Laptops with defectively designed trackpads. Sony denies all allegations of wrongdoing and liability brought forth in the lawsuit but has agreed to settle in order to limit the further expense, inconvenience, and uncertainty associated with continued litigation. Class Members who believe they are eligible for compensation can file a claim by going to the VAIO Track Pad Litigation Settlement website and clicking the File a Claim tab. Before filing, potential applicants should note that the settlement only applies to California and New Jersey residents who purchased a Sony VAIO Laptop series SZ, FZ, NW, EB, or F, in California or New Jersey between the dates of March 16th, 2006 and January 4th, 2017.
An Up Close Review of the VAIO Track Pad Litigation Settlement
- The deadline to file a claim, send a written exclusion request, or object to the settlement is June 5th, 2017
- Class Members who want to attend the Fairness Hearing can do so on its schedule date of August 7th, 2017
- Eligible Class Members who file timely claims will receive a cash payment anywhere between $5 and $200
- Those who take no action whatsoever will receive no payment and will also give up their right to another suit
Those who do not file a claim at the VAIO Track Pad Litigation Settlement can opt to send one in by mail (must be post marked by the June 5th, 2017 deadline). Likewise, any request to be excluded from the settlement must be sent by the June 5th, 2017 deadline. Both exclusion requests and claim forms must be sent directly to the Claim Administrator.
VAIO Track Pad Litigation Settlement Claims Administrator
- P.O. Box 43343, Providence, RI 02940-3343