Staking Your Claim for the Utz Settlement
- Who’s eligible? – Anyone who purchased certain Utz or Bachman branded products
- Purchase dates? Between December 30th, 2010 and March 30th, 2019
- How much can I get? $2 per purchase up to a maximum of 10 purchases
- When should I file? Anytime before the July 28th, 2019 deadline!
The term “All Natural” has been a great source of controversy over the years. In fact, this marketing mantra has led to the filing of quite a few class action lawsuits. For example, the recently settled case called DiFrancesco, et al. v. Utz Quality Foods, Inc. was filed over allegations that the Defendant labeled certain products as being “All Natural” even though they were processed. However, the Defendant denies all wrong doing and any liability to the Plaintiff Class. At any rate, the case appears to be wrapping up to the tune of $1,250,000.
More on the Utz Settlement
- The settlement is pending the Final Fairness Hearing scheduled for September 13th, 2019
- July 13th, 2019 is the deadline by which Class Members must file requests for exclusions
- In addition to the exclusions, July 13th, 2019 is also the deadline for objections (key date)
- Class Members who miss both the exclusion and claim filing deadline will get nothing!
- The settlement fund is about $3 Million less than the Raymours TCPA Settlement
By the way, eligible products branded by Utz include potato chips, pretzels, popcorn, tortillas, snack mixes, salsa, dips, cheese, extruded snacks, and pork rinds. Meanwhile, eligible products branded by Bachman include cheese snacks, pop corn, potato chips, salsa, corn chips, tortilla chips, and pretzels. Remember, Class Members can claim $2 for each eligible purchase up to a total of $20 (10 purchases).
Important Resources for the Utz Settlement
- Check out the FAQs posted online an located within the notice
- Contact the administrator by email at info@UtzSettlement.com
- Administrator Address – 1650 Arch Street, Suite 2210, Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Administrator Phone Number – 855-639-2983
Class Members who believe they are eligible can go to the online filing page and click the Submit a Claim tab to file. Meanwhile, those who would rather file by mail can send a completed claim form directly to the Settlement Administrator. Please note that claim forms sent by mail must be post-marked no later than the July 28th, 2019 deadline.
Don’t just sit there, file before it’s too late! – www.UtzSettlement.com