UTV Door Settlement
- Claims can be filed online
- Important deadlines apply
- Gift cards to be awarded
When it comes to selling a product, companies walk a fine line between effective advertising and misleading consumers. Sometimes when consumers feel a company has failed to walk that line a class action lawsuit is filed. It appears that the Plaintiffs in the Allison v. LSI Products, Inc. class action lawsuit feel that the Defendant (LSI) misrepresented the features, characteristics, and capabilities of certain UTV Doors in some of its advertisements. LSI, on the other hand, expressly denies all charges of wrongdoing or liability and maintains that neither the plaintiff nor any putative class member has sustained a cognizable injury or economic loss as a result of the alleged conduct. Regardless of the obvious disagreements regarding the merits of the claims, the lawsuit has come to a settlement that provides eligible Class Members with a $60 gift card or a 10% discount coupon. Class Members who wish to file a claim can do so by going to the UTV Door Settlement page and clicking the File a Claim tab.
Key Dates For UTV Door Settlement Class Members to Be Aware of
- The period in which Class Members must file claims for the settlement runs from April 3rd, 2017 through June 2nd, 2017
- June 2nd, 2017 is also the date by which exclusions requests must be mailed by those who want to get out of the settlement
- The date on which the court will decide on whether or not to approve the settlement is August 15th, 2017 (Fairness Hearing)
The gift cards will be awarded to eligible Class Members who CAN provide a proof of purchase. Those who cannot will receive the discount coupon that comes with a maximum discount of $60 and can be used towards the purchase of a Pro Armor product. Class Members who plan on sending a request to be excluded will need to direct the correspondence to the UTV Door Settlement Administrator.
- PO Box 3614, Minneapolis, MN 55403-0614