Torczynerv Staples Settlement
- Claims can be filed online or by mail
- Administrator can be emailed questions
It may (and probably should) come as no surprise to learn that most customers take rewards accounts VERY seriously. So much so in fact that when a group of customers feel they been mislead or kept in the dark about how their rewards are calculated a class action lawsuit may be the inevitable result. This appears to be the case with a class action lawsuit that has recently come to settlement terms resolving allegations that Staples engaged in unfair and deceptive business practices by not adequately disclosing that it utilized pro-rata coupon accounting to calculate rewards earnings in transactions involving product specific coupons. It is important to point out that Staples denies each and every allegation of unlawful conduct, wrongdoing, and liability brought forth in the lawsuit. However, both parties have agreed to settle the case now instead of proceeding down the ever-increasing road of expenses leading up to and through an actual trial. Those who believe they are eligible for compensation can file for the settlement online by going to the Torczynerv Staples Settlement page and clicking the File a Claim tab.
What else should I know about the settlement?
- All claims, exclusions, or objections must be submitted by July 24th, 2017
- The Fairness Hearing is set to be held on August 28th, 2017 at 10:00 AM
- Those who submit valid claims may receive up to $10 in Staples Rewards
- Staples has agreed to pay Class Counsel’s attorney fees up to $500,000
- Those who take no action will receive nothing and lose their right to sue
Class Members who don’t to file online at the Torczynerv Staples Settlement page can opt to file the old-fashioned way and print off a claim form to be completed and sent by mail. Those who want no part of the settlement will need to send an exclusion request directly to the Settlement Administrator. The Settlement Administrator can also be contacted with question regarding the settlement.
- PO Box 43484, Providence, RI 02940-3484