Take the Subro Optum Questionnaire (It’s Simple)
- Information from letter is needed to begin
- Support is available via toll-free phone
When an insurance company pays out on a medical claim, chances are its going to see if another party is responsible for sharing some or all of the costs. This act of attempting to collect back what is thought to be owed is called subrogation. Patients who have been asked to respond to a letter directing them to the Subro Optum Questionnaire can now help Optum Insurance with this process. To begin the process it will be necessary for the patient to enter a case number, last name, and zip code (ALL items are required pieces of information and must be entered to proceed). Once the information has been entered into the Optum Subro page the Next button can be clicked to continue with the process. Those with privacy concerns should note that any information submitted by the patient will be handled with the utmost discretion.
- The company’s mission is to help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone
- Optum is tackling the biggest challenges in health care today by partnering across the entire system (innovative work!)
- The company provides UNMATCHED healthcare expertise through a global team of more than 125,000 employees
- Optum has more than 150 Optum locations throughout the world with headquarters located in Eden Prairie, MN
Patients who are slightly (or completely) baffled by the process of taking the Subro Optum Questionnaire can call the toll-free number as shown on the letter they received between the hours of 7 AM and 7 PM Central Standard Time Monday through Friday. Those with corporate-related inquiries for the company can take a minute or two to craft a hand written letter (or use a type writer or word processing software if need be) and mail it to Optum’s Corporate Headquarters.
Optum Corporate Headquarters
- 11000 Optum Circle, Eden Prairie, MN 55344