Straight Talk BYOP
- The Straight Talk “Bring Your Own Phone” promotion allows a customer to switch their current phone to Straight Talk for only $45 a month
- Customers who BYOP will receive an unlimited 30 day plan to include text, data, and talk at 4G LTE speeds
- Please note at 2G speeds, the functionality of some data applications, such as streaming audio or video may be affected
In order to qualify for the Straight Talk BYOP program the customers current phone MUST be compatible with the BYOP program and common phones that can be used with the program include GSM Unlocked phones, AT&T Compatible phones, T-Mobile Compatible phones, Sprint Compatible Phones, and some other CDMA Technology Compatible phone (all phones must also have LTE Technology).
Straight Talk BYOP Footnotes
- Any questions about the program can be directed to a Straight Talk call center agent at 1-877-430-CELL (2355)
- Call Centers operate from 8 AM to midnight (EST) 7 days a week
- To refill a Straight Talk plan online the customer must have the phone or serial number along with the PIN
- The activation process should take less than 1 minute to complete assuming the customer has all the required information
- The baby of a partnership between TracFone and Walmart
- Caters to the budget friendly consumer who wants a phone with no hassles
- Considered a Mobile Virtual Network operator (MVNO) offering both CDMA and GSM support
Straight Talk offers a variety of prepaid, no contract, phones to include Apple iPhones, Alcatel, LG, Huawei, Samsung and ZTE. The company is gaining a quick share of the wireless market due to offering so much data for such a little price (and partnering with the largest retailer on the Planet helps). People who want to save a boat load of money will definitely want to look into switching their current phone rather than buying a new one to Straight Talk (customers can also use their current GSM or CMDA).