How to Get Your Check from the SBA TCPA Settlement
- You’ll need to file before the September 19th, 2019 deadline
- If you exclude yourself you will not receive a payment
- This is only for those who meet certain requirements
Fresh off the Awl Lawsuit settlement, another case involving TCPA violations appears to be wrapping up. The SBA TCPA Settlement comes from claims that the Defendant sent text messages about purchasing cars to wireless numbers without the permission of the cell phone owners. If you received such a text from the Susan B. Anthony List, Inc. on or around July 13th, 2018 you may be eligible for payment. In order to file a claim online, please visit the online settlement site and click the File Claim tab.
SBA TCPA Settlement: Fast Facts
- If you’re an eligible Class Member and submit a timely claim you’ll get $5
- The $5 payment comes in the form of a check (so don’t expect a $5 bill!)
- The Defendant denies all allegations of wrongdoing, liability, and damages
- Both parties have agreed to the settlement and avoid the costs of a trial
By the way, if you don’t like the $5 payment, you can exclude yourself from the settlement by sending a request to the Settlement Administrator. By doing so, you will retain the right to file your own lawsuit. However, please note you WILL NOT be eligible to receive your $5 check from this settlement if you exclude yourself. Additionally, you must request exclusion no later than June 19th, 2019 (your request must be postmarked by this date).
In addition to filing a claim online, you can also file by mail. When filing this way, please be sure to send your completed claim form to the Settlement Administrator by the September 19th, 2019 deadline (again the mail must be postmarked by this date). While most questions can be answered within the FAQs found online and within the notice, you can also contact the Settlement Administrator directly for help.
SBA TCPA Settlement Administrator
- PO Box 404134
- Louisville, KY 40233-4134
Another Recent Settlement