- Claims forms can be sent by mail or filed online
- Settlement Administrator can answer questions
When it comes to alleged Telephone Consumer Protection Act violations it’s not always phone calls that are the source of controversy. The class action lawsuit titled Econo-Med Pharmacy v. Roche Diagnostics Corp has recently come to an agreed upon settlement for the stunning amount of $17 million in hopes to resolve allegations that the Defendant violated the TCPA by sending advertisements via FACSIMILE. It should be made clear that the Defendant denies the allegations and further denies that it did anything wrong whatsoever. However, it appears (as evidenced by the pending settlement) that neither party was interested in realizing any of the risked or costs associated with taking the case deeper into litigation. Those who believe they may be in store for some good ole fashioned compensation can file a claim online by going to the RDC Settlement page and clicking the File a Claim tab.
A Closer Look at the RDC Settlement
- The faxes in question occurred between April 11th, 2012 and March 17th, 2017
- The deadline by which claims must be filed (online or by mail) is July 17th, 2017
- Exclusion requests must be post-marked no later than the July 17th, 2017 deadline
- The Final Approval hearing will be held on September 20th, 2017 at 11 AM EST
Those who have a problem(s) with the settlement (but don’t want to opt out altogether) can send objections to the court post-marked no later than July 17th, 2017. Class Members who have questions about the settlement may want to try reviewing the extensive Frequently Asked Questions list posted at the RDC Settlement page. Those who aren’t too thrilled about the idea of combing through the FAQs can reach out to the Settlement Administrator directly by toll-free phone.
RDC Settlement Administrator Phone Number