- Customers can provide online feedback at survey page
- A receipt code is required to initiate the feedback process
Whether the feedback is good or bad, most companies like to know how guests feel about a recent experience in order to build on what’s working and fix what’s not. Qdoba Mexican Eats appears to be a company that is inclined to keep a finger on the pulse of its customer base, as made apparent through the Qdoba Listens online survey. Customers who have had a recent dining experience can initiate the feedback process by going to the online survey page and entering the 15 digit code found on their receipt. Once the code is entered, customers will need to hit the Next button to move forward with providing the restaurant with valuable feedback.
Mouth-Watering Knock Out Tacos Now Being Served Qdoba
- Mad Rancher – A taco loaded with grilled chicken, bacon, and guacamole is sure to have customers asking for seconds
- Bohemian Veg – Who needs meat when there’s shredded cheese, black beans, corn salsa, guacamole, onions, and cotija cheese
- The Gladiator – When a taco is packed with grilled steak and bacon it commands the attention of even the most hard to please appetites
- Drunken Yardbird – It’s hard to go wrong with a taco that offers tequila lime chicken and guacamole for only 220 calories
- Two Timer – Savory pulled pork in a crispy taco shell wrapped in a flour tortilla and spread with 3-Cheese Queso
- Triple Threat – Grilled steak, bacon, queso, fajita veggies, Pico de Gallo, and cotija cheese. Enough said.
It is worth noting that customers will be given the option to provide feedback in either English or Spanish prior to beginning the survey at the Qdoba Listens page. Customers who have survey or other Qdoba-related questions can complete an online contact form that requires a subject, name, address, email address, and customer comments. Those who would rather make their inquiry via mail can write to Qdoba Brand Central at 7244 W. Bonfils Lane, Lakewood, CO 80226.