Proactiv Class Action
- Claims must be submitted by the April 2017 deadline
- Exclusion requests can be sent to Claims Administrator
When a large group of people believe they have been enrolled in an automatic renewal billing program without adequate disclosure some sort of legal action is bound to follow. The class action lawsuit Habelito v. Guthy-Renker LLC has recently come to settlements terms resolving allegations that the Defendant enrolled customers who purchased Proactiv products in an auto-renewal billing program without complying with the states disclosure requirements. The Defendant (Guthy-Renker) denies any wrongdoing and contends the disclosures into the auto-renewal program were compliant with California law. At any rate, the parties involved in the suit have agreed to settle the case prior to things coming to a head at a trial. Class Members who wish to claim their rightful share of the Proactiv Class Action Settlement can do so by going to the settlement’s website and clicking the Claim Form link (up to $15,220,100 to be made available on a claims-made basis).
A Few Key Dates to Keep In Mind
- The deadline by which Proactiv Class Action Settlement claims must be submitted is April 17th, 2017
- April 17th, 2017 is also the date by which written settlement exclusion requests must be submitted
- The Proactiv Class Action Settlement Fairness Hearing will take place on May 16th, 2017 at 9:00 AM
Any Class Member who happens to fancy themself a master public speaker may want to look into making their voice heard at the Fairness Hearing. Those who decide to grab a bit of the spotlight and go through with speaking at the hearing will need to file their intention to appear by April 17th, 2017. Intention to appear notices can be sent directly to the Proactiv Class Action Settlement Claims Administrator.
Claims Administrator Address
- (c/o KCC Class Action Services, LLC) P.O. Box 43460, Providence, Rhode Island 02940-3460