Patriot TCPA Settlement
- Claims can be filed online or through mail
- Administrator contact information available
Anyone who has registered for the National Do Not Registry List likely did it for one simple reason: NO SOLICITATIONS. When people on this list claim that they somehow still received telemarketing phone calls the ingredients for a class action lawsuit begin to take shape. The Plaintiffs in the Mey v. Patriot Payment Group, LLC and North American Bancard, LLC class action lawsuit allege that the Defendants placed telemarketing calls to cellular telephone lines using an automatic telephone dialing system or prerecorded voice. The allegations also mention calls being made to numbers listed on the National Do Not Registry List (for numbers listed at least 30 days) more than once during any 12 month span. It should be made clear that the Defendants deny all of these allegations and admit to no wrongdoing nor has the court decided in favor of one party over another. At any rate, it appears both sides have determined settlement was the best option to avoid the costs of taking the suit all the way to a trial. Those who believe they are eligible for compensation can get a claim filed by going to the Patriot TCPA Settlement page and clicking the File a Claim tab.
More on the Patriot TCPA Settlement
- The calls would have had to been received between February 27, 2011 and April 6, 2017
- July 3rd, 2017 is the deadline to file, object to the settlement, or request an exclusion
- A hearing about the Patriot TCPA Settlement’s fairness is scheduled for July 26th, 2017
- Those who take no action will receive nothing and lose their right to their own lawsuit
In addition to filing online, Claim Forms can also be sent in by mail to the Settlement Administrator (must be post-marked by filing the deadline). Class Members who have questions may want to review the FAQ list posted to the Patriot TCPA Settlement page. Those who do find what they are looking for in the FAQ list may want to cut to the chase and call the Settlement Administrator directly.
Patriot TCPA Settlement Administrator Contact Information
- PO Box 43482, Providence, RI 02940-3482