NN TCPA Settlement
- Online claim submission process is available
- Settlement Administrator can be contacted
Picking up a call from an unrecognizable number only to hear an artificial or prerecorded voice at the other end of the line isn’t something that most people look forward to. In fact, these type of calls can become so irritating that a class action lawsuit may become inevitable. A lawsuit titled Tom Mahoney v. TT of Pine Ridge, Inc. has recently come to an agreed upon settlement to resolve allegations that the Defendant used an automatic telephone dialing system or an artificial or prerecorded voice to place calls to consumers between the dates of January 9th, 2013 and June 26th, 2017 in violation of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act. It should be made clear that the Defendant denies these allegations and has raised defenses to the claims of the Plaintiffs. However, both parties have agreed to settle the case to avoid the costs and risks associated with proceeding further into litigation. Those who believe they are due compensation can file a claim online at the NN TCPA Settlement page.
Important Settlement Information
- Exclusions requests, objections, and claims must be filed by September 15th, 2017
- The settlement’s Final Approval Hearing is currently set for November 1st, 2017
- Compensation will be paid through a “Voucher Fund” along with a “Cash Fund”
- Those who do not take action will receive no payment and lose their right to sue
The total amount of the Voucher Fund (for those who wish to seek payment in the form of a voucher) is $5,700,000. Those who elect to seek a cash payment will be drawing from a total settlement Cash Fund of $1,520,000. Class Members who opt for Voucher Fund will receive a voucher valued at $15 while those who elect for the Cash Fund will receive payment of $4. Those with questions can try reviewing the FAQ list posted at the NN TCPA Settlement page. Class Members who can’t find what they need in the FAQs may want to trying contacting the Settlement Administrator.
Settlement Administrator Contact Information
- PO Box 3757, Portland, OR 97208-3757