MD Courts District Pay
- Drivers can securely pay their traffic citations to the Maryland District court online
- Online payments come with a convenience fee that is retained by the vendor
Maryland drivers that would like to unload the burden of a pesky traffic citation can now take care of the payment online at the MD Courts District Pay page. Users should note that the online payment portal run by LexisNexis Payment Solutions can only be used to pay Maryland Uniform Traffic Citations, all other local municipal citations must be paid directly to the municipalities. Drivers that received a citation that reads “Must Appear” cannot use the MD Courts District Pay page to take care of their citation. Those that have failed to show up for their court date can send a payment along with a written request to the court to reschedule the trial date, but may not use MD Court District Pay.
Anything else I should know before paying the piper through the MD Courts District Pay page?
- Drivers can expect payments to be verified and posted to their accounts within 2 business days
- The processing fee for use of MD Courts District Pay charged by LexisNexis is $6.95 and non-refundable
- Payment of the citation is considered a conviction and points will be assessed to the payers Maryland driving record for certain violations
- Drivers that submit the online payment request are authorizing the charge for the amount entered plus the LexisNexis VitalChek Network Inc. service fee
Drivers that would like to get around the processing fee charged for use of the MD Courts District Pay page can pay by the less convenient option of sending cash, check, or money order to Maryland District Court Traffic Processing System P.O. Box 6676 Annapolis, MD 21401-0676. Checks and money orders will need to be made payable to the District Court of Maryland. Drivers that need to get in touch with the District Court of Maryland can call 800-492-2656 Monday through Friday between 8 AM and 4 PM Eastern Standard Time.