Mass PIP Claims
- Obtain more details about the class action lawsuit entitled Wanda Estrada, et al. v. Progressive Direct Insurance Company
- This is case number 12-CV-30020 FDS
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
The Mass PIP Claims lawsuit revolves around deceptive business practices by Progressive Insurance as stated by lead plaintiff Wanda Estrada. She claims that Progressive used deceptive practices when its website recommend Massachusetts consumers with health insurance purchase automobile insurance with a $8,000 Personal Injury Protection (PIP) deductible… when consumers selected “yes” as an answer the site recommended that she purchase car insurance that contained an $8,000 PIP deductible instead of a $0 PIP deductible. Progressive denies any actions of wrong doing or deceptive business practices but has agreed to settle.
Mass PIP Claims Footnotes
- Class members may receive a settlement amount up to $1875
- PIP is a type of car insurance that covers medical bills, lost wages, and funeral and other expenses resulting from a collision
- All claim forms are due no later than Feb. 28, 2016
- The fairness hearing already took place on 01/29/2016
- Peter B. Moores, A. Hugh Scott, and Michael P. Mullins will represent Progressive Insurance
Who is a class member in the PIP case?
Class members are defined as anyone from May 1, 2008 and April 27, 2010 purchased auto insurance through the Progressive website. In order to file a valid claim the class Members must have answered “yes” to the health insurance question. Those who are unsure if they answered “yes” to this question can call a Mass PIP Claims Administrator at 1-866-665-8445 to obtain more information.
All claim forms associated with the lawsuit can be directed to Settlement Administrator c/o Rust Consulting, Inc. PO Box 2439 Faribault, MN 55021-9100. The law firms of CONNOR, MORNEAU & OLIN, LLP and ALEKMAN DITUSA, LLC have been assigned to all class members who file timely/valid claims.