IDT Energy Settlement
- Filing available online, by mail, or through fax
- Administrator contact information is provided
- FAQ list is available to help with questions
It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that customers don’t like paying anymore than they should have to. When a customer base feels it has been over changed AND short-changed at the same time, a great deal of commotion is bound to ensue. For customers of IDT Energy this commotion comes in the form of a class action lawsuit. The suit was filed over allegations that IDT overcharged its customers for gas and electricity AND did not provide the full amount of rebates owed under its rebate programs. IDT, on the other hand, denies that it has done anything wrong. Which side the court would have agreed with will likely never be known as the parties have come to a pending settlement after years of litigation and several attempts at negotiation (likely a big relief to many of the interested parties involved). Those who believe they are eligible for payment can begin the claim filing process online at the IDT Energy Settlement page.
Thanks! What else should I know before I file my claim?
- The deadline by which all claim forms must be filed (online, fax, mail) is April 5th, 2018
- The purchases must have taken place between July 1st, 2008 and October 16th, 2017
- All requests to be excluded must be post-marked prior to the April 5th, 2018 deadline
- The Fairness Hearing to approve the settlement is currently scheduled for April 9th, 2018
- Those who take no action will receive nothing from the settlement (idle hands never pay!)
It is very important to point out that Class Members who file an incomplete or untimely claim form will become ineligible to receive a payment from the settlement (always check to make sure the form is completed IN FULL and keep in mind the April 5th, 2018 filing deadline). Those with questions can help themselves by reviewing the available FAQs posted under the Commonly Asked Questions section of the IDT Energy Settlement page. Class Members who plan to file by mail or fax will need to send correspondence directly to the Claims Administrator. The Claims Administrator can also be contacted for those with questions about the settlement.
Claims Administrator Contact Information
- PO Box 2610, Faribault, MN 55021-9610
- Phone – 888-334-6163
- Fax – 877-625-9460