- Claim Forms can be filed online or sent by mail
- Exclusion request must be sent to administrator
- Questions can be answered at toll-free number
Let’s face it, the average consumer doesn’t often take it in stride when they believe they have been duped by misleading advertising claims. At times, this feeling becomes so off-putting that one or more of these consumers ends up filing a class action lawsuit in response. A class action lawsuit of this nature has recently resolved settling allegations that the Defendant (Health Sciences U.S.A. Inc.) made false and misleading statements on labeling and in advertisements regarding the effectiveness of its Hydroxycut product. The Defendant, however, denies any wrongdoing or liability and believes it has valid defenses to these allegations. Regardless of the merits of the allegations of which the lawsuit is based upon, the action has come to an agreed upon settlement making available a total Claim Fund of $8,000,000 to go towards payment of Valid Claims. Those who believe they are eligible can file a claim online by going to the HPC Settlement page and clicking the File Online Claim link.
I’m listening……but how about some more information first?
- The deadline by which Class Members must file claims for the HPC Settlement is May 30th, 2017
- Those who don’t like the settlement will have until May 30th, 2017 to send in their exclusion request
- Class Members who wish to speak in court can attempt to do so at the hearing to be held on June 21st, 2017
- Those who do absolutely nothing will give up their rights to sue and receive nothing from the settlement
Class Members who cannot provide receipts to prove a Hydroxycut purchase can still receive reimburse up to $28 ($14 a bottle for a maximum of 2 bottles claimed). Those who CAN prove their purchase(s) may make claims up to the amount shown on the receipt(s). Anyone with questions regarding the HPC settlement can get immediate assistance by dialing toll-free to 877-342-0827. Exclusion requests and mail-in Claim Forms must be sent directly to the Claims Administrator.
HPC Settlement Claims Administrator
- Digital Settlement Group, LLC – P.O Box 156, West Palm Beach, FL 33402