Home Depot Breach Settlement
- Class Members wishing to receive compensation will need to go to the settlement page and complete a claim form
- The total amount of the settlement fund to compensate the plaintiffs is $13 million (approval pending)
The speed and convenience provided by self-checkout lanes at Home Depot may have come at a steep price for some customers that shopped at the store between April 10th, 2014 and September 13th, 2014. During this time frame there was a breach in Home Depot’s database causing many customers’ credit/debit card information or email information to be stolen. Customers that believe their information was compromised can seek financial compensation through the Home Depot Breach Settlement. To claim their fair share of the settlement pool, Class Members will need to visit the settlement’s website and complete an online claim form.
Anything Else I Should Know About the Home Deport Breach Settlement?
- The total Settlement Fund to provide reimbursement payments to customers for their documented losses is $13 million
- Class Members wishing to submit a claim in the Home Deport Breach Settlement must do so no later than October 29th, 2016
- Final approval of the settlement will be heard on August 12th, 2016
- Class Members that do not submit a claim for losses are still eligible to receive 18 months of free Identity Guard Essentials identity monitoring services
Eligible Class Members that do not want to be apart of the Home Depot Breach Settlement and retain their rights to sue must opt out by July 18th, 2016. Class Members that have objections to the settlement can have them heard also on July 18th, 2016. It is important for Class Members to note that they can make a claim for compensation from the Cash Fund AND for the free 18th months of Monitoring Services (does not have to be one or the other).