Healthport Class Action
- Settlement Administrator contact info available
- Claims can be filed online or through the mail
Being overcharged for a good or service tends to leave a bitter aftertaste for most consumers. When the overcharge comes in exchange for their own personal medical records, consumers can go from being bitter to downright outraged without a moments notice. Perhaps, that kind of feeling is responsible for the filing of the class action lawsuit called Barbara Allen v. HealthPort Technologies, LLC. The Plaintiffs in the suit allege that the Defendant (Healthport) violated certain Florida Administrative Code rules by overcharging for copies of patient medical records at the request of the patient or the patient’s legal representative. The Plaintiffs also claim that restitution and interest is owed, while the Defendant denies the claims and allegations brought forth in the lawsuit. It appears the conflict will not be heard out at trial as the case has now come to a pending settlement agreement that allows both parties to avoid any further legal costs. Class Members who would like to file a claim online can go to the Healthport Class Action page and click the Submit Your Claim Online tab before entering a Notice ID to get started.
A Closer Look at the Settlement
- Claims must be filed online or through the mail by the deadline of October 9th, 2017
- Failure to file a timely and fully completed Claim Form will result in denial of the claim
- The facsimiles in question must have been produced after the date of March 9th, 2009
- Those who sit around and do nothing will receive nothing and give up the right to sue
Those who wish to complete a full review of the available information regarding the settlement should click the Notice tab posted at the top of the Healthport Class Action page. Class Members who decide to file by mail will need to send correspondence directly to the Settlement Administrator (correspondence must be post-marked no later than the filing deadline of October 9th, 2017). The Settlement Administrator can also be contacted by those with question about the settlement.
Healthport Class Action Settlement Administrator
- PO Box 173036, Milwaukee, WI 53217