- Physicians can use a time-saving online prior authorization process
- Pharmacists will need to register for the ExpressPAth portal to complete a request
- Contact information is available for customers with questions about their prescription benefits
Any doctor or pharmacist who has ever requested a prior authorization (PA) from a health insurance company knows just how big of a headache the whole process can be. Providers that are tired of the waiting game should hope that the next patient that walks through their door has an Rx plan covered by Express Scripts. The electronic Express-Scripts PA process can help doctors save a good amount of hours each year through the ability to send 11 electronic prior authorizations in the time it takes to fire off just 1 by facsimile. Pharmacists that would like to reap the benefits of the electronic Express-Scripts PA process will need to register for the ExpressPAth portal which can be done online in just 6 painless steps.
Some Tidbits of Information About Express-Scripts
- Express Scripts was founded in 1986 and runs its corporate headquarters out of Saint Louis, Missouri
- The company distributes bio-pharmaceutical products and provides cost management and patient care services
- Some of the services provided by the company include claims processing, drug utilization review, home delivery pharmacy care, and drug data analysis
- On the big board of Fortune 500 companies Express Scripts comes in at a ranking of 22, up 33 spots from its 2011 ranking
- In 2015 Express Scripts was named one of the world’s most innovated companies by Forbes
Providers that need to respond to an Express-Scripts PA will need to verify their member or plan type and then call the corresponding phone number or download the corresponding form. Patients that have questions regarding their prescription benefits should call either the number on their prescription ID or 1-800-282-2881.
Express Scripts Corporate Address
- 1 Express Way, Saint Louis, Missouri, 63121