Davenport TCPA Settlement
- Claims can be filed online or by mail
- Extensive online FAQs list is available
- Toll-free phone can be called for help
In a day and age where privacy is becoming increasingly valued consumers are becoming DECREASINGLY tolerant of calls from automatic dialing systems. One piece of evidence that illustrates this not-so-bold statement comes in the form of a class action lawsuit titled Sumner Davenport v. Discover Financial Services and Discover Home Loans, Inc. The parties in the case have recently agreed to a proposed settlement of $5 million to resolve allegations that the Defendant violated the TCPA by placing telemarketing calls between June 1st, 2012 and July 31st, 2015 to residential or cellular telephone numbers using an automatic telephone dialing system or an artificial or prerecorded voice. Calls made by the Defendant within any 12 month time frame to telephone numbers registered on the National Do Not Call Registry are also included in the settlement. Class Members who want to get a claim filed online can do so by going to the Davenport TCPA Settlement site and clicking the File a Claim link posted at the top left section of the page.
Just a Few of the Finer Details
- The Defendant denies any wrongdoing and the court has not ruled for either side
- The deadline by which all Class Members must file their claims is June 24th, 2017
- Those who wish to opt out or object to the settlement must do so by June 24th, 2017
- Class Members who do nothing at all will receive ZERO bucks from the settlement
- Those who wish to add their 2 cents can speak at the hearing on September 14th, 2017
On top of receiving no compensation from the Davenport TCPA Settlement, eligible Class Members who take no action at all will also give up their right to sue individually. Class Members with questions may want to try contacting the Settlement Administrator or reviewing the FAQ list posted to the Davenport TCPA Settlement site. Those who wish to send a claim form by mail will need to direct the correspondence to the Settlement Administrator.
Discover Settlement Claims Administrator
- PO Box 43469, Providence, RI 02940-3469