Cheerios Bring Back the Bees
- Online order form must be completed
- Veseys Seeds online newsletter is available
- General Mills contact information available
One of the most alarming trends in nature is the worldwide decline in bee populations. Thankfully Cheerios is taking action by teaming up with Veseys Seeds to give away 100 MILLION wild flower seeds to help save these vital members of the ecosystem (the goal of 100 million seeds has already been reached but fortunately there are still more available!). Anyone who wants to get involved in this wonderful cause can do so by going to the Cheerios Bring Back the Bees page and claiming their FREE wild flower seeds. To claim the seeds a short online order form must be completed with a name, address, email address, and phone number. While ordering the seeds an opportunity to sign up to receive the Veseys Seeds online newsletter featuring special offers and gardening advice will be available. Those who place an order should expect the wild flower seeds to arrive within 4-6 weeks.
Key Stats From the Cheerios Bring Back the Bees Page
- 1 in 3 bites of food consumed by humans are made possible by bees and other pollinators
- Bees help keep humans fed by pollinating 70 of the top 100 food crops around the world
- A startling 42 percent of bee colonies within the United States collapsed in the year 2015
- By 2020 Cheerios oat farms will host about 3,300 acres of nectar and pollen rich wildflowers
Those who could use some gardening advice can scroll to the bottom of the Cheerios Bring Back the Bees page to find 5 tips from Veseys Seeds (FREE Veseys catalogs can also be ordered). Individuals who need to reach General Mills can do so by phone, fax, or letter.
General Mills Contact Information
- Phone – 800-248-7310 (from 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM Central Time Monday through Friday)
- Mailing Address – PO Box 9452, Minneapolis, MN 55440
- Fax – 763-764-8330