Update: August 3rd, 2022 – The Claim Filing Period For the below settlement has ended
- Class members can file settlement claims online
- Settlement Administrator contact info is available
It is safe to say that most people living in Arizona, California, Kansas, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, Oregon, South Dakota, Tennessee, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin, or the District of Columbia have purchased a milk or fresh milk product (cream, half and half, yogurt, cottage cheese, cream cheese, sour cream) since 2003. The large number of folks that fall into this category may be eligible class members of the Bought Milk? Fresh Milk Products Antitrust Litigation Settlement. The plaintiffs in the lawsuit allege that the National Milk Producers Federation limited the production of milk by prematurely slaughtering cows to illegally increase the price of milk and fresh milk products. The defendants deny these allegations but have agreed to settle the lawsuit filed against them.
Bought Milk? Fresh Milk Products Antitrust Litigation Settlement Information
- The settlement amount of $52 million will be distributed to class members in one of two fixed cash payments based on the amount of milk or fresh milk products purchased by the household
- Payments will be distributed directly into online accounts such as Amazon, PayPal, or Google Wallet (remaining funds may be distributed using grocery loyalty cards loaded with a fixed dollar amount)
- Claims must be submitted by January 31st, 2017 (claims forms can be filed online or sent by mail to Fresh Milk Products Antitrust Litigation PO Box 43430, Providence RI 02940-3430
- Class members who don’t want any part of the settlement can exclude themselves by writing to PO Box 6002, Larkspur, CA 94977-6002 before October 28th, 2016
To be a Bought Milk? Fresh Milk Products Antitrust Litigation Settlement class member the milk or fresh milk products must have been purchased indirectly (grocery store or other retailer) and not from the defendants. Those who have questions regarding the settlement can contact the Settlement Administrator by phone or by email.
Settlement Administrator Contact Information