Bosch VW Settlement
- Claims Administrator can be contacted with questions
- Filing of claims can be done online or through mail
- Many important deadlines apply to the settlement
When it comes to class action litigation some of the most MASSIVE settlements are generated by suits involving the automotive industry. One of the most recent is part of the ongoing Volkswagen “Clean Diesel” Marketing, Sales Practices, and Products Liability Litigation. The “Bosch Settlement” provides up to a jaw-dropping $327.5 MILLION to resolve allegations that defeat device software was installed in certain 2.0 and 3.0 liter Volkswagen, Audi, and Porsche vehicles in order to bypass emissions standards. It should be noted that the Bosch Settlement is separate from the previously established “VW Settlements”. Therefore, consumers may be eligible for compensation regardless of whether or not they participated in the VW Settlements. Those who believe the are deserving of a piece of this shockingly large settlement fund can file a claim online by going to the Bosch VW Settlement page and clicking the Submit a Claim tab.
What are some of the deadlines I need to be aware of regarding the Bosch Settlement?
- Eligible Sellers in the 2.0 liter class action settlement that missed the identification deadline must file a claim by May 1st, 2017
- May 1st, 2017 is also the date by which claims must be filed by Eligible Former Owners who did not file in the 3.0 liter settlement
- Those who have previously excluded themselves from the VW Settlements will have until August 15th, 2017 to submit a claim
- Class Members who want to opt out and retain their rights to sue must send exclusion requests by the April 14th, 2017 deadline
Class Members who do not meet any of the above established criteria will have quite some time to take action as the overall filing deadline for the Bosch Settlement does not hit until December 31st, 2019. Those who wish to review a comprehensive collection of information regarding the settlement can do so at Bosch VW Settlement page. Class Members who would rather seek clarification over the phone can do so by calling the Claims Administrator toll-free between the hours of 9 AM and 9 PM Eastern Time Monday through Friday.
Claims Administrator Contact Information
- PO Box 5110, Portland, OR 97208-5110