BKC BOGO Settlement
- Claim are available online or by request
- Case documents are available for review
- Administrator contact info is provided
Coupons are usually viewed as positive, money-saving items that rarely end up being the focus of contention. However, when customers suspect foul play, even these seemingly innocent vouchers can become a source of controversy. A recent settlement of a class action lawsuit called Koleta “Koko” Anderson v. Burger King Corporation illustrates such an occurrence. The suit was filed over claims that Burger King charged higher prices for 2 modified breakfast sandwiches when redeeming a buy-one-get-one-free (BOGO) coupon than would have been charged when only purchasing a single unmodified sandwich without the coupon. The Plaintiffs claim that by taking such actions Burger King violated the statutory and common law of Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia. However, Burger King denies that it has done anything wrong and the court has not sided with one party or another due to the pending settlement. Those who believe they are eligible to cash in on the settlement can begin by going to the BKC BOGO Settlement page and clicking the File a Claim tab.
What else should I know before I go file a claim?
- Eligible Class Members will receive payment of $5 or a $2 valued gift card
- The deadline by which all Claim Forms must be filed is January 19th, 2018
- Those who aren’t happy with the terms must object by March 13th, 2018
- Purchases must have been between October 1st, 2015 and May 19th, 2017
- The hearing to rule on the fairness of the settlement is set for April 3rd, 2018
The deciding factor on whether Class Members are eligible for a $5 cash payment or a $2 Burger King gift card is purchase receipts. Those who can provide evidence of the purchase will receive the $5 cash payment while those who cannot will receive the $2 Burger King gift card. Class Members who plan on filing by mail will need to make sure correspondence is post-marked no later than the January 19th, 2018 deadline. Those who would like to review copies of the Claim Form, Preliminary Approval Order, or Settlement Agreement can do so by clicking the Case Documents tab at the BKC BOGO Settlement page.
Settlement Administrator Contact Information
- PO Box 404000, Louisville, KY 40233-4000