Aetna DocFind Custom AHS
- Adventist employees can search for plan information
- Member Services line is available for those with questions
One of the biggest frustrations with health care is not knowing who to turn to if a health concern arises. With a topic so important it stands to reason that employees should have an easy way to find a covered provider that can deal with whatever health issue they may have. Employees who work for Adventist should have no problems finding the provider they need thanks to the Aetna DocFind Custom AHS portal. This easy to use online portal allows users to search for providers by name, location, and conditions & procedures (advanced search can also be completed for those who can’t find what they are looking for). Plan members should note that Tier 1 will be the least expensive option to choose from.
A Brief Timeline of Aetna
- The company was founded in 1853 in Hartford, CT with the name being inspired by Mt. Etna the 11,000 foot volcano in Sicily
- In 1865 Aetna’s annual income went over the $1 million mark giving it the financial stability to meet the stringent requirements placed on life companies
- With World War II breaking out in 1940 Aetna bonded the construction of seven U.S. Navy aircraft carriers (over 1,600 Aetna employees served during World War II)
- In 2000 Aetna decided to sell off its financial services and international businesses to ING for a whopping $7.7 billion
- In 2015 the company announced its social compact with employees to increase wages and offer better health care benefits with reduced out-of-pocket costs
Adventist employees should be pleased to know that plan covered lab services received at an AHS hospital will be covered at 100%. Those who wish to view a list of locations where lab and x-ray services will be covered at 100% can click the link provided at the Aetna DocFind Custom AHS portal. Members who have questions regarding their health plan can reach out to Aetna Medical Member Services.
Aetna Medical Member Services