Adderall XR Settlement
- $14,750,000 has been agreed upon for settlement of class action law suit
- Claim form can be completed online by class members wishing to participate
A $14,750,000 settlement has recently been agreed upon to settle the Barba v. Shire U.S., Inc. class action lawsuit. The plaintiffs in the case allege that Shire delayed and lessened the availability of generic versions of the drug Adderall XR by filing false patent suits, filing a false Citizen Petition, entering into financial agreements with generic drug manufacturers, creating shortages of generic versions by supplying less than the agreed amount, and by paying rebates to managed care organizations that agreed to the preferred placement of Adderall XR. Shire has denied all of the claims and allegations but has agreed to the multi-million dollar Adderall RX settlement to avoid further litigation costs and risks associated with a trial. Individuals that believe they are class members of the Adderall XR settlement class can complete an online claim form to receive compensation.
Tell Me More About the Adderall XR Settlement Online Claim Form
- Class Members will need to confirm that they had prescription drug coverage that charged a higher co-pay for branded drugs than generics drugs
- The form requires a purchasers first and last name, address, city, state, and zip code (phone numbers and email address are optional)
- Purchasers will need to confirm how many Adderall XR prescriptions they filled between 01/01/2007 and 03/31/2009
- The amount of prescriptions filled between 04/01/2009 and 04/11/2016 will also need to be confirmed by purchasers
- The name of all health carriers that covered part of any Adderall XR prescription will need to be listed on the claim form
- All pharmacies that filled an Adderall XR prescription will need to be listed with each pharmacy’s’ city and state included
- Adderall XR Settlement claim forms must be submitted on or before October 7th, 2016
Class members that wish to exclude themselves from the Adderall XR Settlement can complete and exclusion form or send a written request for exclusion to the Settlement Administrator at P.O. Box 40007 College Station, TX 77842-4007 no later October 7th, 2016.