AARP Drive Safe 66
- Both members and non-members of AARP can register
- Customer service is available to those who have questions
Every once in a while it’s nice to see an auto insurance premium go down instead of up. AARP members can now learn about safe automobile operation while possibly driving down their car insurance premium thanks to the AARP Smart Driver Course. To sign up for the course members must go to the AARP Drive Safe 66 page and select their state of resident (price of the course will be listed next to the state). Once the state is chosen members will need to select their course options and confirm their payment information.
Knowledge that can be Gleaned from the AARP Smart Driver Course
- AARP Members who successfully complete the course can learn important facts regarding the effects medication has on individuals who are operating a motor vehicle
- Upon completion of the course students should come away with a new-found knowledge about the latest techniques used to reduce unnecessary driver distractions
- Basic teachings are provided such as how to maintain proper distance while following a car and how to properly use the new technology found in modern automobiles
- Members will learn about age-related physical changes that can have an effect on driving and what can be done to help counteract the effects
Visual learners who wish to get a better idea on what the course is all about can watch the brief video posted at the AARP Drive Safe 66 page. Individuals who are not members can also sign up but will not receive the AARP member discount. Those who have further questions regarding the AARP Smart Driver Course can reach out to AARP directly by phone, email, or regular mail.
AARP Smart Driver Course Customer Service
- 5760 Fleet St Suite 210, Carlsbad, CA 92008