P.O Box 1158, Ontario, Canada
A person who is qualified through education and training to perform efficient legal work. The job of a Paralegal is a demanding one, requiring knowledge of law procedures. They form an integral part of the legal team. Solicitors rely upon Paralegals for their support staff within the legal profession, without which they cannot function effectively. They play major roles in the legal process. Their work ranges from the courtroom, office, conferences, as well as the law library.
- Profile : Male, 30, Married
- Nationality : American
- Current location : Ontario, Canada
- Passport Number: PP038121
- Visa Type : Family Visa
An associate degree in Paralegal studies should suffice with a bachelor’s degree. A certificate program in Paralegal studies after graduation is required. These programs are for a duration of a couple of months and introduce the student to this field intensely. If the internship program is completed along with this certificate program, it is more beneficial. Paralegals tend to have greater expertise and are qualified to carry out considerable tasks within the law firm. They might also take over their job as a lawyer when the lawyer is not present. They carry out the work of a legal assistance, in that they carry out basic secretarial tasks. These tasks may include organizing documents and drafting correspondence.
- Contact clients and interview them
- Carry out legal investigations
- Complete legal tasks before the deadline
- Perform legal research and prepare legal documents under the supervision of a lawyer.
- Giving advice on consumer law protection
- Giving advice for immigration law to clients
- Working as part of the RSPCA prosecution team and prosecuting people who have been inhumane towards animals.
- Paralegals also defend and register trademarks for food companies as well as working on family law, such as cases of divorce in a solicitors’ firm.
May 2010-June 2012 Paralegal at The American Alliance of Paralegals Wilmington, Delaware
- Carried out legal investigations
- Performed legal research and prepared legal documents under the supervision of a lawyer.
September 2012- May 2013 Paralegal at the National Paralegal Association Ontario, Canada
- Worked as part of the RSPCA prosecution team and prosecuting people who have been inhumane towards animals.
- Gave advice on consumer law protection
- Gave advice for immigration law to clients
- Defended and registered trademarks for food companies as well as worked on family law, such as cases of divorce in a solicitors’ firm