- New product being offered by Wisconsin Collaborative Insurance Company (WCIC)
- WCIC is a joint venture between BCBS and Aurora Health Care
A joint venture between two existing companies can be a positive thing for consumers as well as the companies involved. There will likely be a number of consumers positively impacted by Wisconsin Collaborative Insurance Company, the result of the recent joint venture between Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield (BCBS) and Aurora Health Care. The reason for such optimism is Well Priority, a unique product offered by Wisconsin Collaborative Insurance Company that offers consumers greater cost predictability and a higher level of coordinated care. To get a better understanding of how consumers will be impacted by Well Priority a closure look needs to be taken.
Well Priority in a Nutshell
- Sales of the new product will begin in the middle of 2016 with most of the new group plans beginning on the first day of 2017
- Members of Well Priority will be covered at BCBS network providers while traveling outside of the state of Wisconsin through the BlueCard Program
- Anthem’s Blue Priority network (including all of Aurora Health Care’s providers) will be used by the Well Priority
- A few of the systems that participate in Blue Priority include Bay Area Medical Center, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, and Bellin Health
- Coming in 2016 details of the product will be shared with Wisconsin employers and health insurance brokers for plans starting up on January 1st, 2017
Individuals that would like further information about the Well Priority product can contact Wisconsin Collaborative Insurance Company directly by calling 2626-523-2493. Those who prefer to communicate via email can send their inquiries over to email@example.com.