Titanium Paint Settlement
- Claims can be filed online or through the mail
- Frequently Asked Questions list is available
- Settlement Administrator can be contacted
Some of the most massive class action lawsuit settlements originate from allegations of antitrust law violations. A recent example of this type of settlement (albeit far less massive than some) can be found in the case known as Jan Harrison, et al. v. DuPont, et al. The suit was filed over claims that the Defendants (E.I. DuPont de Nemours and Company, Huntsman International LLC, Kronos Worldwide, Inc., and Cristal USA Inc.) went ahead and broke antitrust laws by conspiring to fix, raise, maintain, and stabilize the price of titanium dioxide used in their architectural paints. However, it should be made clear that the Defendants DENY these allegations of wrongdoing. As far as the court goes, no determination as to who is right and who is wrong has been made, and it appears there never will be, as both parties have come to an agreement to settle the matter for $3,500,000 (definitely not an insignificant chunk of change). The process of getting a claim filed can be initiated online by going to the Titanium Paint Settlement page and clicking the File Online Claim tab.
Thanks! I have a feeling we’re not done yet though….
- The paint must have been purchased between January 1st, 2002 and December 13th, 2017
- The deadline by which all claims must be filed (online or through mail) is June 15th, 2018
- June 15th, 2018 is also the date by which objections and exclusion requests must be filed
- The decision on whether approve the settlement is set to be made on August 16th, 2018
- Claim forms sent by mail must be post-marked no later than the June 15th filing deadline
Class Members who don’t take action will get NOTHING from the settlement and also give up rights to another suit (this isn’t one where payment gets sent automatically!). Those with questions about the settlement should be able to find what they need in the extensive Frequently Asked Questions section of the Titanium Paint Settlement page. Mailed claim forms and exclusion requests must be sent directly to the Settlement Administrator. The Settlement Administrator is also a good source for help for those who don’t find what they were looking for in the FAQs.
Settlement Administrator Contact Information
- PO Box 1571, West Palm Beach, FL 33402