- Information from letter is needed to begin
- Support is available via toll-free phone
When an insurance company pays out on a medical claim chances are its going to see if another party is responsible for sharing some or all of the costs. This act of attempting to collect back what is thought to be due is called subrogation. Patients who have been asked to respond to a letter directing them to the Subro Optum page can now help Optum Insurance with this process by completing a brief online questionnaire. To begin the process it will be necessary to enter a case number, patient last name, and patient zip code (ALL items are required pieces of information and must be entered to proceed). Once the information has been entered into the blank fields provided in the middle of the Optum Subro page the Next button can be clicked to continue with the process. Those with privacy concerns should note that Optum states that it will handle the information submitted with the utmost discretion.
- Mission to help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone
- Optum is tackling the biggest challenges in health care today by partnering across the entire system
- Provides UNMATCHED healthcare expertise through a global team of more than 125,000 employees
- More than 150 Optum locations throughout the world with headquarters located in Eden Prairie, MN
Patients who are slightly (or completely) baffled by the process of taking the questionnaire at the Subro Optum page can call the toll-free number as shown on the letter they received between the hours of 7 AM and 7 PM Central Standard Time Monday through Friday. Those with corporate-related inquiries for the company can take a minute or two to craft a hand written letter (or by using a type writer or word processing software if need be) and mail it to Optum’s Corporate Headquarters.
Optum Corporate Headquarters
- 11000 Optum Circle, Eden Prairie, MN 55344