Reverse the Charge
- Online claim filing available at settlement page
- Phone number available for those with questions
- Exclusion requests must be sent in through mail
When a group of companies conspire to raise and fix the price of certain products the everyday consumer is usually the one that ends up holding the short end of the stick. Those who believe they were shorted by the alleged conduct of the Defendants named in the class action lawsuit titled In re Lithium Ion Batteries Antitrust Litigation – All Indirect Purchaser Actions can seek compensation online by going to the Reverse the Charge page and clicking the Claim Your Cash link. To begin the online claim filing process a product category will need to be selected (up to 4 categories can be chosen). After the category (or categories) have been chosen, Class Members will need to verify if the claim is business or individual prior to confirming how many products from each category were purchased between January 1, 2000 and May 31, 2011 (proof of purchase not required). To wrap up the online claim filing process at the Reverse the Charge page a name and email address must be entered before hitting the Submit button.
More Information on the Settlement
- Lawsuit was filed over allegations that Defendants fixed the prices of cylindrical Li-Ion Cells
- Class Members will be reimbursed out of a MASSIVE $44.95 MILLION Settlement Fund
- The deadline by which all claims must be filed is September 30th, 2017 (by mail or online)
- Those looking to opt out must send their exclusion request post-marked by June 12th, 2017
- The Defendants have denied all of the allegations brought forth in the class action lawsuit
If the settlement is approved at the Final Fairness Hearing on August 1st, 2017 Class Members who file eligible claims will have the option of receiving payment to an online account such as Amazon, PayPal, or Google Wallet. Those who wish to review the full details of the settlement can click the Documents tab posted at the Reverse the Charge page to access the Long Form Notice. Mailed Claim Forms and exclusions requests can be sent directly to KCC Class Action Services.
KCC Class Action Services
- PO Box 43454, Providence, RI 02940-3454