Pivotal TCPA Settlement
- Claim forms can be filed online or through the mail
- The amount of calls that can be claimed can be checked
- Claims Administrator contact information is available
For many, the joy of clicking the answer button on a cell phone can be dampened drastically when hearing the cold tones of an artificial or prerecorded voice on the other end of the receiver. Perhaps, feelings such as this have played a part in the many Telephone Consumer Act Violation lawsuits that have been filed over the years. A recent example of such a lawsuit can be found in the case titled Abante Rooter and Plumbing, Inc. et al. v. Pivotal Payments, Inc. The suit was filed over allegations that the Defendant violated the TCPA by placing telemarketing calls to cell phones (without begin given permission of the call recipient) through the use of an automatic dialing system or an artificial or pre-recorded voice. However, it is important to point out that the Defendant isn’t taking the allegations lying down and has pushed back by denying any wrongdoing. With that being said, it doesn’t appear the court will ever make a final decision in favor of either party as both sides have agreed to settle the case now to avoid the risk and costs associated with a trial.
More on the Pivotal TCPA Settlement
- The calls must have been received between April 15th, 2016 and September 2nd, 2016
- It’s estimated that each valid claim will receive a cash award of around $20 to $60 (NICE!)
- The deadline to submit a claim, request exclusion, or file an objection in June 29th, 2018
- A hearing about the fairness of the settlement is set to be held on October 5th, 2018
- Those who take no action lose the rights to sue and get nothing (idle hands never pay!)
Those who are ready to get started with the online filing process can do so by clicking the Start Your Claim Form tab posted at the settlement information site. The Check Your Phone Calls tab can be clicked by to find out how many phone calls can be claimed (a Class Member ID or affected phone number must be entered). Claim forms filed by mail must be post-marked no later than the June 29th, 2018 filing deadline and sent directly to the Claim Administrator. The Claims Administrator can also be contacted by those with questions about the settlement (the FAQs section of the class notice is also a good resource for questions).
Pivotal TCPA Settlement Claims Administrator
- PO Box 3207, Portland, OR 97208-3207