Other OS Settlement
- Online claims can be filed at settlement website
- Claim forms can also be mailed to administrator
When a class action lawsuit Settlement Class includes anyone in the United States who purchased a Fat PS3 between November 1st, 2006 and April 1st, 2010 there is sure to be more than just a couple of claims filed. With that said, the claims will soon be rolling in from those who qualify as Class Members in the class action lawsuit filed against Sony Computer Entertainment of America LLC over the issuance of a firmware update that disabled the “Other OS” function on Fat PS3’s. Sony denies any wrongdoing but has agreed to a settlement that reimburses Class Members in the amounts of either $55 or $9 (depending on whether they fall under Consumer Class A or Consumer Class B). Those who are looking to move forward with a claim will need to go to the Other OS Settlement page to get started.
A Fairly Comprehensive Guide to Filing a Claim Through the Other OS Settlement Page
- Individuals who fit into Consumer Class A will need to provide the signed claim form, Proof of Purchase, and Proof that the Other OS functionality was used
- Acceptable Proof of Purchase can be a reciept, a credit card statement, or the PS3 serial number with the associated PlayStation Network Sign-In ID
- Those who file as a Consumer Class B member will only need to submit a signed claim form (available at the Other OS Settlement page) along with Proof of Purchase
- Class Members will have until December 7th, 2016 to submit a claim form or exclude themselves from the settlement
Those who do not have access to the internet can get a copy of a claim form by calling the Settlement Administrator. Class Members who need to mail the claim form should make sure it is post marked no later than the claim filing deadline of December 7th, 2016.
Settlement Administrator Contact Information
- PO Box 10312, Dublin, OH 43017-5912