Nike Better World
- Customers can learn more about Nike’s most sustainable products
- Old shoes can be recycled after being dropped at a Nike store location
- Customer support is available to customers that have questions about Nike products
In this day and age it’s important to recognize that the world’s natural resources are not unlimited. Nike is aware of this fact and is doing something about it with Nike Better World sustainable performance innovation. With the planet in mind Nike has designed its two most sustainable innovations yet, the Flyknit shoe and Nike Grind. To grasp the extent to which Nike has gone to design these truly sustainable products a closer look needs to be taken.
- The Nike Flyknit replaces glued or stitched panels with ultra light yarn to reduce the weight of the shoe
- To add strength Nike has incorporated ultra high strength fibers into the shoe that provide the maximum amount of support
- Heat-fused TPU yards are integrated to create a water-protective shield in target areas
- Precision engineering is used to create target zones of stretch and support for a truly adaptive performance
- With Nike Grind the company is regenerating existing products into premium materials
- Products that are made with Nike Grind materials include shoes, apparel, and even to surfaces
- 71% of current Nike footwear and apparel products use Nike Grind materials including premium jerseys
Environmentally conscious individuals that would like to put their old shoes to good use can do so at the Nike Better World page. To find a Nike store where old shoes can be dropped off, users will need use the store search feature where locations can be searched by city and state. Customers with further questions about Nike running products can reach the company 7 days a week from 4 AM to 11 PM Pacific Time by dialing 800-806-6453.