Glucosamine Supplement Settlement
- Important deadlines apply
- Online claim filing available
- Contact information provided
Let’s face it, nobody enjoys feeling like they have been duped. When it comes to supplement products (regardless of whether or not the suspicion is warranted) this type of feeling is one that often leads to a class action lawsuit. The class action lawsuit entitled Barrera v. Pharmavite LLC has recently come to settlement terms to resolve allegations that the Defendant labeled and packaged certain products containing glucosamine and/or chondroitin with false, deceptive, and misleading statements. It is important to point out that the lawsuit DOES NOT claim that these products are unsafe and actually makes no claims about their safety whatsoever. The Defendant, on the other hand, denies each and every allegation of wrongdoing, liability, and damages that was or even could have been made in the lawsuit and stands by the labeling of the products. Which party is right and which is wrong appears at this point to be irrelevant as both sides have agreed to settle in order to avoid the costs and uncertainty associated with taking the case deeper into litigation. Those who believe they are eligible to receive compensation can start a claim by going to the Glucosamine Supplement Settlement and clicking the File a Claim tab.
What else should I know about the settlement?
- The deadline to file a claim, request an exclusion, or make an objection is November 13th, 2017
- Whether the settlement is approved is decided at the Fairness Hearing on December 4th, 2017
- The Defendant will pay $1,000,000 as well as distribute $5,900,000 in Offered Products Benefits
- The products in question must have been purchased between May 1st, 2007 and June 5th, 2017
Class Members who need to review a full list of the products associated with the lawsuit can do so by reading The Settlement Class section of the Glucosamine Supplement Settlement page. Those who plan on filing by mail or making a request to be excluded must send correspondence directly to the Settlement Administrator. Those who take no action whatsoever will receive nothing from the settlement and lose rights to their own individual lawsuit.
Glucosamine Supplement Settlement Administrator Contact Information
- PO Box 404008, Louisville, KY 40233-4008