- Cardholders can activate their new cards online
- Card can be activated with or without logging in
These days replacement credit cards can be issued for a number of reasons (card expiration, new technology, etc.) While its nice to have a shiny new credit card it can often be a huge hassle for customers to complete the dreaded activation process. Thankfully for Discover cardholders the activation process can be completed fairly easily at the Discover Activate page. When activating a new Discover card customers will have the option to complete the activation with or without logging into their account first. Cardholders that want to complete the Discover Activate process without logging in will need to enter their date of birth, last 4 digits of their Social Security Number, card number, expiration date, and 3 digit Sequence ID. Those that would like to login first will need to sign in with a User ID , Password, and 3 digit Sequence ID.
Time to Get Acquainted With Discover
- Discover is the pioneer of cash rewards programs as it released the first cash rewards credit card way back in 1986
- Discover’s banking business includes credit cards, private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking & savings accounts, certificates of deposits, and money market accounts
- The company is one of the largest credit card issuers in the United States offering a line of cash, travel, and gift cards to both consumers and small businesses
- In 2005 Discover acquired PULSE, one of the nation’s leading ATM networks for more than 3 decades servicing over 4,500 banks, credit unions, and savings institutions
- Discover picked up Diners Club International in 2008 to address the payment needs of consumers, corporations, and small businesses
Cardholders that are having problems locating the 3 digit Sequence ID can refer to the conveniently placed credit card images placed on the Discover Activate page for help. Those that require further assistance can reach out to Discover by phone or by mail.
Discover Contact Information
- Phone: United States – 1-800-Discover (1-800-347-2683), Outside of the US (1-801-902-3100), TDD 1-800-347-7449
- Mail: Customer Service General Inquiries – P.O. Box 30943 Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0943