- CVS employees can login to the portal with a User ID and password
- The use of a compatible internet browser is required for access
As internet technology expands many companies are learning that online training can be just as effective as the old-fashioned “on the job” style of training. Employees who work at CVS can benefit from the advantages of online training through the CVS LEARNet Health Learning Management System. Employees who are ready to soak up the knowledge can access the portal by entering a User ID and password into the login fields before hitting the Login button (passwords are case-sensitive). Users who have misplaced their CVS LEARNet passwords can begin the password reset self-service process by clicking the link provided underneath the login fields.
A Few Things to Know Before Logging Into the CVS LEARNet Health Learning Management System
- Retail corporate colleagues may also use their Network Windows ID and password to login (as opposed to their 7 digit Employee ID)
- First time CVS LEARNet users will need to refer to the communication they received regarding their default password before proceeding
- Employees who have not received communication regarding a default password will need to reach out tho the IT Service Center
- The self-service password reset tool is for CVS LEARNet or myHR passwords only (Windows users will need to call the IT Service Center)
Before logging into the CVS LEARNet Health Learning Management System users will want to make sure their computer is equipped with a compatible internet browser as the portal requires use of either Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher, Firefox 17 or higher, Chrome, or Mobile Safari. Employees should note that their CVS LEARNet password is the same as their RxConnect password (resetting the LEARNet password will also change the RxConnect password).
IT Service Center Phone Number
- 855-280-ITSC (4872)