CVS ExtraCare Health
- Members can fill out an online form to complete the transfer
- Card numbers will need to be entered prior to completing the form
When it comes to keeping track of important information consolidation is key. Members who have received a new CVS ExtraCare Health Card can now transfer their existing account and rewards to the new card by spending just a few minutes on the internet. To get started, members will need to enter both their existing CVS ExtraCare Card number and their new CVS ExtraCare Health Card number into the provided fields. Once the numbers have been entered members will need to complete a brief form that requires a name, address, gender, date of birth, and email address. Prior to submitting the transfer request members will be given the opportunity to sign up to receive valuable ExtraCare coupons and offers via email.
Cool New ExtraCare Features
- Customers can now view weekly offers, ExtraCare savings, and sales on their favorite items online all in just one place
- Members can take their cards to a CVS store where it can be scanned at a coupon center to receive an instant coupon for a weekly featured sale item
- Technologically savvy customers can take their thriftiness to a new level with app only savings through the ExraCare app
- Those who appreciate a more customized touch can receive personalized savings on items they buy the most
Members who are having trouble entering their CVS ExtraCare Health Card number can refer to the sample card image posted at the transfer page. When requesting a transfer it is important to note that transfers can only be completed between the hours of 6:30 AM and 8:30 PM Eastern Time due to system requirements. Those with further questions regarding a card transfer or other store related topic can call CVS customer service at 1-800-746-7287.