Bebe TCPA Settlement
- Online and email filing available
- Administrator can be contacted
It’s hard to describe the feeling one gets when looking down at a mobile phone and reading an unsolicited marketing text message. For some, this feeling can be so off-putting that thoughts of legal action comes to mind. It is fair to speculate that this state of mind may have been the driving force behind the filing of the class action lawsuit known as Meyer, et al., v. Bebe Stores, Inc. The suit alleges that the Defendant (Bebe) sent SMS or text messages to consumers without the required consent to do so. Bebe, however, denies each and every allegation of unlawful conduct, the alleged lack of appropriate consent, any wrongdoing, along with any liability whatsoever. It appears the world will never know who the court would have sided with as the case has now come to an agreed settlement that would, if approved, allow both parties involved to avoid the costs, risks, and time associated with taking the case deeper into litigation. Those who believe they meet the description of an eligible Class Member can begin the online filing process by going to the Bebe TCPA Settlement page and clicking the File a Claim tab.
A Deeper Dive Into the Bebe TCPA Settlement
- Claims, exclusions, and objections must be filed by the October 17th, 2017 deadline
- The Final Approval Hearing is scheduled to be held on November 28th, 2017 at 2 PM
- The text messages in question must have been received prior to January 22nd, 2014
- Eligible Class Members will receive compensation in the form of a $20 cash payment
Those who plan on requesting an exclusion from the settlement should make sure the correspondence is post-marked no later than the October 17th, 2017 deadline. Class Members who have questions about the settlement can try reaching out directly to the Settlement Administrator. The FAQs posted at the Bebe TCPA Settlement page can be utilized by those with questions who aren’t too fond about talking on the phone.
Settlement Administrator Contact Information
- PO Box 1440, Minneapolis, MN 55440