Avis Budget Surcharge Settlement
- Revolves around an improper Frequent Traveler Program Surcharge
- Entitled Schwartz v. Avis Rent A Car Sys. LLC and Klein v. Budget Rent A Car Sys. Inc.
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
The Avis Budget Surcharge Settlement class members claim that “Avis and Budget improperly charged Frequent Traveler Program Surcharges to members of the Avis Preferred Service Program and the Budget Rapid Rez with Fastbreak Program in connection with online rental vehicle reservations where renters received frequent-flyer miles from Avis and Budget travel partners”. Class members claim this violated the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act but Avis (and Budget) deny no actions of wrong doing in the case. As part of the lawsuit settlement class members may receive up to $129 and those who are not happy with the terms of the Avis Budget Surcharge settlement will have until April 6, 2016 to object or simply opt out.
Avis Budget Frequent Traveler Surcharge Class Action Lawsuit Footnotes
- Class members who are happy with the settlement terms have until 07/05/2016 to file a claim
- A bothersome fairness hearing will take place at the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey on 05/25/2016 but luckily class members do not need to attend
- This lawsuit is listed as case number Case No. 2:11-cv-04032
- On top of the potential $129 cash payment class members will also receive a nice 10 percent discount off the standard Budget/Avis Rent A Car Rate for future vehicle rentals made through budget.com or avis.com
Anyone looking to contact the Avis Budget Surcharge class administrator should dial 866-584-6178 or write to: Avis Budget Surcharge Settlement, c/o GCG, P.O. Box 10263, Dublin, OH 43017-5763… the best way to obtain information is by email however: Info@AvisBudgetSurchargeSettlement.com.
Class members who file a claim will be represented by the law firms of KARON LLC & LITE DEPALMA GREENBERG LLC.