American Media Magazine Settlement
- Claims can be filed online or by mail
- Important dates apply to settlement
- Administrator contact info available
Nobody likes the idea of paying for a subscription only to have their information associated with it doled out to third parties. When such an act is suspected to have impacted a large number of consumers, all roads usually lead directly to a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT. The Plaintiffs in the case titled Moeller et al. v. American Media Inc. et al allege that the Defendants ( American Media Inc. and Odyssey Magazine Publishing Group Inc.) disclosed information related to customer magazine subscriptions to third parties in violation of Michigan privacy law. The Defendants, however, deny the allegations brought forth in the suit stating that they did not violate any laws. The court has not made a decision on the matter as it appears the case will soon come to a settlement as both parties have agreed to end the case now prior to incurring the costs and risks associated with further litigation. Those who believe they are eligible for compensation can begin a claim by going to the American Media Magazine Settlement page and clicking the File a Claim tab.
More on the American Media Magazine Settlement
- The court has determined that approximately 415,500 people will fit the Settlement Class
- The subscriptions must have been received between April 14th, 2010, and July 31th, 2016
- $7,600,000 is the total amount placed in the Settlement Fund created by the Defendants
- Claims must be filed online by than the October 21st, 2017 deadline (or post-marked by)
A full list of the applicable magazine subscriptions can be review by going to the American Media Magazine Settlement page and clicking the Notice tab. Class Members who plan on mailing a claim form will need to make sure correspondence is sent directly to the Settlement Administrator post-marked no later than the filing deadline. Those who want to see the action at the Final Approval Hearing go down LIVE should mark the date of September 27th, 2017 on the calendar. The Settlement Administrator can be contacted by those who have questions about the settlement.
American Media Magazine Settlement Administrator
- PO Box 43494, Providence, RI 02940-9827